Sunday, February 23, 2014

H O M E

“At that time, I will bring you home, at the time when I gather you… when I restore your fortunes before your eyes, says the Lord.” (Zephaniah 3:20)

“Though you are homeless, though you’re alone
            I will be your Home.
Whatever’s the matter, whatever’s been done,
            I will be your Home.
 
I will be your Home. I will be your Home.
In this fearful, fallen place, I will be your Home.

When time reaches fullness, when I move my hand.
            I will bring you Home.
Home to your own place in a beautiful land,
            I will bring you Home.
 
I will bring you Home.  I will bring you Home.
From this fearful, fallen place, I will bring you Home.
I will bring you Home.”
 
            [--Michael Card, “I Will Bring You Home”, Album The Word: Recapturing the Imagination
                (Birdwing Music, 1992)]
 
As we as a church prepare to host our first week of “Family Promise” guests, my prayer is that we will all remember the meaning and value of “home” and how God Himself seeks to be “home” for each of us, regardless of what kind of roof we have over our heads. Remember that God loves you and I do, too!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment