Monday, October 11, 2010

Where My Money Goes ...OR... The 10% Solution



“Bring the full tithe into the storehouse, so that there may be food in my house, and thus put me to the test, says the Lord of hosts; see if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you an overflowing blessing.” (Malachi 3:10)

Some of you have seen this before, but it bears sharing again as a reminder of one of the spiritual callings we all have as Christians:

"WHERE MY MONEY GOES...

*To keep my family fed, clothed, sheltered ...60 to 70%

*To keep the government off my back ...20 to 30%

*To God for the following:
  1. Calling me into existence ...1%
  2. Allowing His perfect Son to become a human pin cushion and die as a substitute for my sins ...1%
  3. Loving and sustaining me through all those years I rejected His love and refused to surrender to Him ...1%
  4. Gladly receiving me like a son or daughter when I did surrender my life to Him ...1%
  5. Refusing to judge me no matter how often I judge others ...1%
  6. Believing in me when I couldn’t believe and didn’t even care anymore ...1%
  7. All those miraculous healings of my family, friends, or acquaintances ...1%
  8. The 66 books though which I learn the facts of my sinful nature and the sufficiency of God’s grace and love for me ...1%
  9. Patiently removing my bad habits and worries from me one at a time, despite how much I try to hold onto them ...1%
  10. Preparing me in every way for righteousness, joy and peace ...1%"

God is always faithful to us. The “tithe” (the first 10% of our income) is one way the Bible’s teaches that Christ-followers can be faithful back to God. So, are you honoring God in how you use your financial resources, starting with a tithe back to Him? If not, it’s never too late to start! Remember that God loves you and I do, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment