Sunday, August 14, 2011

Wonderfully Special

“ O Lord, You are our Father; We are the clay, and You our potter; And all we are the work of Your hand.” (Isaiah 64:8)


“The Bible says that God is the potter and I am the clay
And I picture myself as a lump of dry clay.
The potter gently picks me up with his warm, strong hands.
He adds drops of water, to make me flexible
and easier to work with.

Then, after I am of the correct texture, the potter lifts me
higher... higher... and then PLOP!
He throws me down hard to remove
all of my air bubbles and flaws.

Next he puts me on the wheel and I turn and turn.
He shapes me exactly as he wants me, pushing and molding me.
Sometimes the pushing hurts, but I know that when he is
finished, I will be a beautiful creation.
All of this pain, this turning in circles, will be worth it!

As the potter pulls and stretches, I start
to take on the shape he wants me to be.
And when the potter has me as he wants me,
he places me in the kiln to be fired...“It’s hot in here!”

Now my time in the kiln is done.
“Hurry potter, take me out of here!
But no, He knows that if I cool too fast I’ll crack.
He knows what he is doing!

Now it’s time... the potter reaches into the kiln
and gently lifts me out. I’m solid, strong and stable.
My walls are perfect and I have no flaws.
The potter uses a glaze to make me beautiful
both inside and out.

All that I have been through - being thrown onto the table,
the monotony of going round and round
on the wheel, the force of his hands, the heat in the kiln -- has been worth it!
The potter has made something wonderfully special!”
[--Author Unknown]

You and I are “fearfully and wonderfully made” (Psalm 139:14)! May we always remember how special are to God and how much He cares for each and every thing that happens to us! Remember, God loves you and I do, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment