“Your generosity produces thanksgiving to God through us.”
(2 Corinthians 9:11)
I’m pleased to announce two new ways that you can now give to God through the ministries of LaGrange First UMC: (1) Online Giving through our church website; and (2) Text-to-Give through your own smart phone.
Both methods accept donations either from checking accounts (EFT direct debit), debit cards, and credit cards (although we encourage givers to use the checking account method, as this is the lowest cost option for the church and the most financially sound method for the giver). What’s more is that your giving can be made either as a one-time gift, or can be scheduled as recurring donations with several giving options. If you are a church member, you can even choose to link your giving to your online member profile via a link emailed to your inbox.
Overall, these new options make life easier for you while also yielding significant benefits for your church:
● Your transactions are financially safe and secure
● Setting up your giving takes just a few easy steps
● Recurring donations help you to create consistent and faithful giving, resulting in a more stable base of income so that your church can more easily focus on its mission
● Online giving helps your church be more efficient through simplified accounting and gift processing
● Your current and past giving records (which only you can see) are immediately viewable online - there’s no need to wait for a paper statement
Of course, our traditional giving choices remain: members and guests may continue to give cash or checks using our paper envelopes during worship on Sunday mornings, or by mailing them to the church office during the week. But these two forms simply add two new ways to give. And in the weeks to come, those using these giving methods can also participate in the Sunday offering symbolically by placing an “I Give Electronically” donation card in the offering plates/baskets.
To give online, simply follow the instructions on the “giving” tab of our church website, or text “LGFUMC” to “73256” to use Text-to-Give.
My wife and I have chosen to use online giving as our preferred method of giving our tithes and offerings to LaGrange First UMC, and I invite you to join us in this if you are so inclined. But regardless of how you give, know that your giving (your “generosity”) produces thanks to God through your church! Always remember that God loves you and I do, too!