Monday, November 21, 2016

What I'm Thankful For


 “In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.”  (1 Thessalonians 5:18)


This past year I have had much to give God thanks for.  Here are just a few.  I am thankful...


...for a wife who models the love of God by loving me just as I am, warts and all!
…for a daughter who makes Trish and I proud not only because of what she does but more  importantly because of who she is and the beautiful woman of God she’s become.
…for our daughter’s fiancé who Trish and I will be proud to call “son” next June for being the good fiancé he is to our daughter and the great father he already is for our granddaughter.
…for our nearly 2 year old granddaughter who is so full of life, energy, excitement and curiosity about the new world that she is discovering.
...for parents who raised me in church to love, understand, and eventually follow the ways of God.
...for a church family who loves, supports, and prays for both my family and myself daily.
...for all of my fellow staff members -- Blake, Andy, Darian, Harrison, CJ, Grayson, Avery, Rick, Dodie, Patti, Lisa, Scott, Jordan, Eddie, and Jane -- who, together with me, share in the cause and work of Christ through our church.
…for church members who love me in spite of the fact that we “go over” in worship far too many Sundays due to long-winded preaching!
...for Sunday School and Bible study teachers/leaders who live out their faith in the selfless way they lead and teach.
...for committee and ministry team chairpersons and members who give “above and beyond” to the work of Christ through their participation in and leadership of our church’s ministries.
...for the “behind-the-scenes” members of our sound, multi-media ministries and those who help prepare our bulletins and newsletters in the essential work that they do.
...for the members of our praise team, adult, and children’s choirs for the blessing and inspiration they share through their music.
…for all the volunteers and staff of our church nursery who give tirelessly of themselves to make sure our children are safe and happy.
...for church members who roll up their sleeves and pitch in to be part of "the answer", rather than whining about what someone else is not doing to fix "the problem."
...for all the great volunteers who lovingly help in all of our Sunday night and Wednesday evening activities
...for church members who are willing to make God a priority
through their financial giving to His church.
...for fellow Christians who’re willing to step outside themselves by participating in serving 
and/or sharing ministries both locally and overseas.
…most importantly, for God who gave his son for me to give me forgiveness and salvation when I didn’t deserve it, and for giving me life and hope in the midst of a hectic world!

Of course, there’s many, many more, but have you “counted your blessings” lately?  When you do, I’m sure you’ll find that, like me, you have many things for which to “give thanks.”  Let us all strive to live out our thankfulness this Thanksgiving holiday!  Remember, God loves you and I do, too!

FOR WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL???

No comments:

Post a Comment